This is everything you need to know about vape coils, however you were too afraid to ask about them. We’ll explain what they are, how they work, and what they are made of.
Besides that, we’ll help you find the perfect vape coil and enhance your vaping experience.
The coil is the heart of your vape mod and tank, producing vapour and providing flavour from your e-liquid. Let’s explore the world of vape coils.
What Are Vape Coils?
Firstly, we should note that vape coils go by different names. They may be called coils, atomizers, atomizer heads, attys, etc., but all of them do the same thing.
As the component in your e-cig that creates the vapour that you inhale, they are integral to your vaping experience.
Even though there are a staggering number of vape coils available for different e-cigarettes, they are all essentially the same. In a coil, there is a wire coil inside. The coil is wrapped around or pushed through the casing. The wicking material is usually cotton and either is pushed through the coil.
The vape battery delivers power to the coil when you press the button. The coil heats up as the power is delivered through it. As you draw on your vape, the e-liquid is drawn into the wicking material through capillary action. As the coil heats up and you draw e-liquid onto it through the wicking, the e-liquid hits the coil (which is hot) and turns into vapor that you inhale.
Regardless of how they differ, such as the number of coils inside, the coil material or the amount of wicking material, they all work the same way.
What Are Vaping Coils Made From?
Vaping coils are typically made from metal wire, with kanthal being the most commonly used material. Other materials that can be used to make vape coils include stainless steel, nickel, and titanium. Some coils are also made from ceramic materials. The choice of material depends on factors such as the desired resistance of the coil, the type of vape device being used, and the vaper’s personal preferences.
Different Types of Vaping Coils
There are several different types of vaping coils available, each with its own unique set of characteristics. Here are some of the most common types:
- Kanthal Coils: These are made from a type of iron-chromium-aluminum alloy that is known for its high resistance and durability. They are commonly used in starter kits and basic vape devices.
- Stainless Steel Coils: These are made from food-grade stainless steel and offer excellent heat resistance and durability. They can be used in both wattage and temperature control modes and are often preferred by vapers who prioritize flavor.
- Nickel Coils: These are made from pure nickel and are primarily used in temperature control mode due to their low resistance and high heat conductivity. They produce a lot of vapor but can be harsh on the throat at high temperatures.
- Titanium Coils: These are made from medical-grade titanium and are also primarily used in temperature control mode. They offer fast ramp-up times and excellent flavor production.
- Ceramic Coils: These are made from ceramic materials and are designed to offer a longer lifespan than other types of coils. They may take longer to heat up, but they also produce a very clean, pure flavor.
Here are the best 6 vape coils of 2023:
1, REPLACEMENT COIL HEAD FOR ELEAF ISTICK PICO 75W (5-PACK)
1* 5pack Replacement Coil Head for Eleaf istick pico 75w / i Just S / i just 2, the 0.3ohm and 0.5ohm is avaiable,30-80w.
2, KANGER CERAMIC COIL (5 PACK)
1*Kangertech Ceramic Coil SSOCC (5 Pack)
Evenly Vaporize Juice
Compatible with Subtank series, Toptank Series and the Nebox
0.5 ohm / 35 – 60W
No Burning Taste
- Kangertech Subtank
- Kangertech Subtank Plus
- Kangertech Subtank Mini
- Kangertech Subtank Nano
- Kangertech NEBOX
- Kangertech SUBVOD
- Kangertech Toptank Nano
- Kangertech Toptank Mini
3, KANGER V2 SSOCC REPLACEMENT COILS (5 PACK)
1 x 5 Pack of V2 SSOCC Replacement Coils by Kanger
Available in Ni200 0.15Ω, NiCr 0.5Ω and NiCr 1.2Ω
Ni200, NiCr Core Wires
SSOCC refers to the housing of the wire
4, UD BALROG MESH VERTICAL ORGANIC COILS 5 PACK
1 x 5 Pack of UD Mesh Vertical Organic Coils
Suitable for use with the Balrog Kit
Single vertical structure
Japanese Koh Gen Do Organic Cotton
Either 0.5 ohm or 1.8 Ni200
5, UWELL – VALYRIAN SE COIL 4 PACK
4 pack of replacement coils for the UWELL Valyrian SE Pod Kit
- 0.6 ohm DTL
- 1.0 ohm MTL
6, COIL .25 .5 – 4PACK FOR UWELL CROWN 3
Its Plug-Pull mechanism makes it easy to replace its coils when needed. These Uwell Crown 3 Coils are ideal for the Uwell Crown III Tank. These stainless steel coils also have massive wicking ports with pure organic cotton to help your juice get to the coil effortlessly. Designed with the average vaper in mind, they have 0.5ohm resistance (graded for 70-80W) or 0.25ohm resistance (graded for 80-90W). Get the best results from your Uwell Crown III Tank with the official coils from Crown.
- Parallel Coil Build
- Plug-Pull Replacement Method
- SUS316 Parallel Coil
- Recommended Wattage [0.25 ohm @ 80-90W] [0.5 ohm @ 70-80W]
- Large Wicking Ports
- 100% Organic Cotton
4-Pack of Uwell Crown 3 replacement coils
Crown 3 0.5 Ohm or
Crown 3 0.25 Ohm